sk[ intro ] [ teaching ] [ r&d ] [ code ] [ iphone ] [ additional ] [ contact ]
IntroductionI am currently a senior engineer at Elephant Ventures in NYC. Duties include software architecture and programming influenced by agile methodologies. Reach me via PGP-Email, my public key is publickey.txt or look me up.
TeachingI am an instructor for the NYC iPhone Bootcamp and have taught close to 100 aspiring iPhone developers.
- Instructor, Texas, iPhone Bootcamp, Oct 2010
- Instructor, New York, iPhone Bootcamp, Oct 2010
- Instructor, New York, iPhone Bootcamp, June 2010
- Instructor, Boston, iPhone Bootcamp, June 2010
- Instructor, Montreal, iPhone Bootcamp, April 2010
- Instructor, Miami, iPhone Bootcamp, Feb 2010
- Teaching Assistant to Jeff LaMarche, New York, iPhone Bootcamp, Aug 2009
- Teaching Assistant to Steve Kochan, New York, Obj-c Bootcamp, Aug 2009
SecurityWorking towards my OSCP.
Capital MarketsI'm currently researching bitcoins along with traditional capital markets and I'm looking for like-minded coders and investors to share thoughts with - specifically swing/trend trading by technical/visual indicators. I've recently released Botcoin, a PHP open source bitcoin market data bot. Fork it on github Botcoin!
CodeVarious projects, scripts and bits of code unrelated to professional duties.
AStarSearch.txt (.mm): A* implementation in objective-C for a WIP game engine. The nodes being traversed are weighted as one hop each, distance doesn't matter, but number of hops does.
dxLog.zip (.mm): iOS project that connects to a RESTful web-service and parses the response XML. This is built against a specific XML schema but the concepts and code can be useful.
SqliteView.zip (.mm): iOS example of using the SQLite framework for writing and reading data from a database on the iPhone.
ce_rfid.txt (.c): Trossen Robotics offers an excellent starter kit for RFID research. However, the getting started documentation posed some problems, like .h files missing or included in the wrong order. Thanks to some help from galt (#innercircle) we got that fixed quickly. The included source polls indefinitely while waiting for any number of callbacks to initiated. When a user swipes a card and then removes it, the script calls system() on a php file, that goes about some db stuff. The CPhidget API provides a convenient interface to interacting with the RFID reader.
ff.txt (.c): Sigmas are basically a for-loop right? The is a very simple implementation of an obstacle avoidance algorithm for the Kheprea II robot. It isn't a controller. It does allow you to set two motor and eight sensor values. Algorithm taken from Evolvable Machines: Theory & Practice
connect.txt (.py): This is a Python DoS in the simplest terms. It will attempt to connect to the targeted device repeatedly. For phones such as the Razr and Windows Mobile powered devices, a dialogue box will be presented and provided application focus when an incoming bluetooth request is made. The user must 'deny' or 'accept' the incoming connection. If they select 'deny', they will be immediately presented the same dialogue. This could be used in conjunction with a social engineering attack.
doubleCheck.txt (.php): PHP allows variable declaration anywhere, anytime. This can lead to silly bugs in which you misspelled the variable name; $complexCamelCaseVar & $complxCamelCaseVar might take a while to find in your code. This script gives you a listing of all the variables and methods with a count, in alphabetic order. Makes finding misspellings a bit easier.
archy.txt (.pl): This bot is not complete and will only connect to a channel. While developing this, we stopped using campfire for general chat, instead sticking with AIM. This dropped off my development radar.
whoTunes.txt (.php): This script will provide notifications when someone connects and disconnects to your shared iTunes. Originally written in perl, then ported to php, there were a number of unresolved problems w/mac osx's implementation (or lack thereof) for pcntl_fork(). ^ top
iPhone ApplicationsShortly after the release of the SDK I began to developing iOS applications. Here's a sample of my applications that are on the appStore - some have since been removed. I've also worked on various other applications under NDA.
MJLyricsRejected from AppStore RapLyrics(Released June 2009): RapLyrics provides access to nearly every track, from every Hip Hop, R&B and Rap artist over the last 30 years. From Grandmaster Flash, Run DMC, to underground artists like Papoose, Joell Ortiz, Little Brother, to the majors, Missy Elliot, Dre, Snoop, Lil Wayne and more, RapLyrics has every rap lyric you could ever want, and probably a bunch more you don't need! RapLyricsRaw(Released July 2009): The uncensored version of RapLyrics.
- WisestOne, "Inspiration on Demand" (Released July 2009)
- 5KQuotes (Released Aug 2009)
- "Black Box Penetration Tests", PHP|Architect Magazine, April 2009.
- "Construct a more Secure API", TechTrax Online Magazine,
- "(Simply) Securing your Linux & Windows Environment", TechTrax Online Magazine
- "Automatically Generate Documentation for Source Code with HeaderDoc", TechTrax Online Magazine
- Game Institute Transcript (C++ Module I & II)
- Global Game Jam 2010 @ NYU. Over 35 countries came together for the weekend with the single goal of building a game in 24 hours. Windozer and I created Its Raining Tomatoes using only C++, win32/GDI and FMOD.
- "The Singularity: Focus on Robotics and Hackers" slides are available as PDF (w/notes) and online as HTML (no notes) and MP3 Audio. This is from my 2008 HOPE (Hackers On Planet Earth) presentation.
- 2003 MDH Records album release
Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent - John Maynard Keynes